Purpose, Vision & Values
To conduct, enable and promote high quality research that will improve the health of women and babies in Western Australia and beyond.
For all Western Australian women to enjoy the best health for themselves, their pregnancies and their babies.
1. INTEGRITY – to conduct our research and business of the organisation honestly and transparently to the highest professional standard.
2. INNOVATION – to encourage invention and continually seek the medical discoveries that fulfil our purpose.
3. COLLABORATION – to share knowledge and work in unison with others.
4. DRIVE – to motivate and consistently strive to achieve our goals.
5. ENABLE – to provide the resources and encouragement that allow our people to do the best job.
Anita and husband, Jamie had been trying to conceive for some time. When they eventually fell pregnant with twins they were delighted. From the start it wasn’t an easy pregnancy and at just 21 weeks gestation Anita’s waters broke. After being admitted into hospital and ordered complete bed rest, Anita went into spontaneous labour at 25 weeks gestation, giving birth to her twin boys. Her babies were 15 weeks premature.
Hugo begins his fight for survival
Heartbroken, Anita and Jamie felt helpless - their twins were tiny but they struggled very hard to survive. Beau fought for three hours before his lungs collapsed and he passed away. Hugo, the stronger of the two boys, began his three month battle of survival. Watch Hugo's Story (2.5 minutes Video clip)
Thanks to the Moullin Family for sharing this story with us.